Terms of Service
JoinPrivacy Terms of Service
Last revised 12/24/2019
Here are the ground rules if you're using our website. The following Terms of Service (“Terms,” “Agreement”) govern your use of JoinPrivacy.
JoinPrivacy helps protect your digital privacy. Our JoinPrivacy service allows a user ("user" or "you") to manage the data that is collected from sites that they use. These Terms of Service describe the terms and conditions on which JoinPrivacy provides.
Legal policies can be tedious, but please read up. We'll strive to make our policies understandable. READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IF YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT OR USE THE JOINPRIVACY SERVICE OR APPLICATION, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITH JOINPRIVACY. THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. If you don't agree to these terms and conditions, you aren't permitted to use the JOINPRIVACY services, or our website.
Things could change. We may amend or terminate any terms of this Agreement at any time and such amendment or termination will be effective at the time we post the revised terms on the site. We'll strive to make these terms understandable. You can tell when we last revised this agreement was by looking at the “last updated” date at the top of this Agreement. Your continued use of the site or services after we've posted revised terms signifies your acceptance of the revised terms.
Adults only. This service is meant to be used by adults only (18+) for themselves, or on behalf of a minor for whom they are the parent or legal guardian.
It's unlikely, but bad things could happen. You acknowledge that your use of the JoinPrivacy service may have unintended consequences, possibly including direct, special, indirect, consequential and other damages, and you agree that you won't hold JoinPrivacy liable for these consequences.
You're letting our application, website, help you manage your identity online from the sites that you use. You grant JoinPrivacy a Limited Power of Attorney to act on your behalf for the purposes of performing the service of managing your digital privacy online, including submitting opt-out requests. This Limited Power of Attorney will remain in full force and effect until you cancel your log-out of the accounts you are using.
If something happens, it's not our fault. You acknowledge that JoinPrivacy will not be liable for any failure to comply with these Terms to the extent that such failure arises from factors outside JoinPrivacy's reasonable control, like natural disasters.
Please don't steal our stuff. All the text, images, marks, logos, compilations (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly of information) and other content on JoinPrivacy's website ("Site Content"), and all software embodied in JoinPrivacy's website, applications, or otherwise (“Software”) used by to deliver the Services is proprietary to us. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by these Terms, any use, redistribution, sale, decompilation, reverse engineering, disassembly, translation, or other reduction of such software to human-readable form is prohibited. The text marks "JOINPRIVACY," “BE THE UNKNOWN,” as well as their associated logos, are our property, and you may not use them in connection with any service or products other than those we provide in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits JoinPrivacy.
Please use our service, website, in good faith. We don't allow our Site or Services to be used for illegal activities or activities that we find improper for any reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to take preventative or corrective actions to protect ourselves and our users from anyone's unacceptable use. Your failure to comply with our Terms may result in us terminating your access to and use of our site and services. You are not to:
- Impersonate anyone, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or knowingly provide any fraudulent, misleading, or inaccurate information;
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate others' rights, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity;
- Access or use (or attempt to access or use) another user's account without permission;
- Transmit any software or materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, or other items or computer code of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the site or services;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any portion of the Site or Services;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our site or services;
- Harvest or collect any other users' information from the site or our services;
- Use our site or services for any illegal activity; or
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our site or services, breach their security or authentication measures, or take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our site infrastructure.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.